Among the contraindications for the appointment of amitriptyline:
- myocardial infarction;
- alcohol poisoning;
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO).
Relative contraindications are:
- low blood pressure;
- reduced gastrointestinal motility;
- severe heart disease.
With caution, the drug is prescribed for arrhythmias, impaired liver and kidney function, for epilepsy and thyroid diseases..
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not recommended during pregnancy, since negative consequences were identified in the development of the fetus after taking the medicine. Buy amitriptyline Also, the drug is not prescribed during breastfeeding, because the components of Amitriptyline are excreted along with milk and provoke side effects in the baby.
If the dose of amitriptyline prescribed by the doctor is not observed, the risk of an overdose is high, which is manifested by the following symptoms:
- confusion of thinking;
- dilated pupils;
- shortness of breath
- muscle stiffness;
- overly excited state;
- convulsive seizures;
- severe vomiting;
- respiratory depression;
- heart failure;
In case of an overdose, immediately flush the stomach, if necessary, induce vomiting for faster cleansing of the body. At the discretion of the doctor, symptomatic therapy is prescribed.
Side effects of amitriptyline
Negative reactions when using the drug are mainly associated with its anticholinergic effect. http://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682388.html So, the following phenomena are possible, which, as a rule, pass after adaptation to Amitriptyline or a dose reduction:
- Blurred vision;
- Dry mouth;
- Paresis of accommodation;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Urinary retention;
- Intestinal obstruction;
When using amitriptyline, the following side effects may also occur:
- Cardiovascular system: arrhythmia, tachycardia, impaired conduction, heart failure, fainting;
- CNS and peripheral nervous system: weakness, increased fatigue, headache, dizziness and tinnitus, irritability, confusion, motor agitation;
- Digestive system: heartburn, nausea and vomiting, taste disturbance, stomatitis, gastralgia, diarrhea;
- Endocrine system: changes in libido and potency, breast enlargement in women and men;
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, rash, itching, angioedema;
- Other: hair loss, weight gain, sweating, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, purpura, etc..