Among the contraindications for the appointment of amitriptyline:
- myocardial infarction;
- alcohol poisoning;
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO).
Relative contraindications are:
- low blood pressure;
- reduced gastrointestinal motility;
- severe heart disease.
With caution, the drug is prescribed for arrhythmias, impaired liver and kidney function, for epilepsy and thyroid diseases..
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not recommended during pregnancy, since negative consequences were identified in the development of the fetus after taking the medicine. Buy amitriptyline Also, the drug is not prescribed during breastfeeding, because the components of Amitriptyline are excreted along with milk and provoke side effects in the baby.
If the dose of amitriptyline prescribed by the doctor is not observed, the risk of an overdose is high, which is manifested by the following symptoms:
- confusion of thinking;
- dilated pupils;
- shortness of breath
- muscle stiffness;
- overly excited state;
- convulsive seizures;
- severe vomiting;
- respiratory depression;
- heart failure;
In case of an overdose, immediately flush the stomach, if necessary, induce vomiting for faster cleansing of the body. At the discretion of the doctor, symptomatic therapy is prescribed.
Side effects of amitriptyline
Negative reactions when using the drug are mainly associated with its anticholinergic effect. http://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682388.html So, the following phenomena are possible, which, as a rule, pass after adaptation to Amitriptyline or a dose reduction:
- Blurred vision;
- Dry mouth;
- Paresis of accommodation;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Urinary retention;
- Intestinal obstruction;
When using amitriptyline, the following side effects may also occur:
- Cardiovascular system: arrhythmia, tachycardia, impaired conduction, heart failure, fainting;
- CNS and peripheral nervous system: weakness, increased fatigue, headache, dizziness and tinnitus, irritability, confusion, motor agitation;
- Digestive system: heartburn, nausea and vomiting, taste disturbance, stomatitis, gastralgia, diarrhea;
- Endocrine system: changes in libido and potency, breast enlargement in women and men;
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, rash, itching, angioedema;
- Other: hair loss, weight gain, sweating, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, purpura, etc..
Dosage and administration
To reduce the negative effect on the mucous membrane of the digestive system, indomethacin should be taken only after eating. Buy indomethacin Taking the drug begins with a starting dose of 25 mg from 2 to 3 times a day, if necessary, the daily dose can be increased to 150 mg divided into 3 or 4 doses.
Indomethacin is for long-term use. Premature refusal of treatment can lead to the resumption of symptoms of the disease.
To eliminate intense pain during attacks of gout, the drug is taken 5 mg 3 times a day, to prevent exacerbation of the disease 25 mg twice a day. The highest daily dose of 200 mg.
After it is possible to achieve the necessary therapeutic effect, the drug is recommended to be taken for at least another 4 weeks at a saved or reduced dosage. The maximum daily dose of indomethacin with prolonged treatment should not exceed 75 mg.
In the treatment of acute conditions or relief of an exacerbation of a chronic disease, intramuscular administration of Indomethacin 60 mg from 1 to 2 times a day from 7 to 14 days is indicated, after which the patient is transferred to the drug in oral form or in the form of rectal suppositories.
When using Indometacin in the form of rectal suppositories, the patient is prescribed 1 suppository 2 times a day.
When using the drug in the form of an ointment, it is applied to the affected area with a thin layer from 1 to 2 times a day.
- The drug is prescribed with caution to the elderly, patients with heart failure, pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, as well as dyspepsia, epilepsy, arterial hypertension, parkinsonism and recent surgery.
- When treating with pills and suppositories, you should monitor the blood picture and indicators of liver and kidney function.
- Concomitant use with diflunisal and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is not recommended..
- With simultaneous use with lithium preparations, it is necessary to take into account its toxic symptoms.
- There is a correlation between gastrointestinal complications and the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including Indomethacin. Therefore, such drugs are best taken with food..
- With prostatitis, Indomethacin suppositories can be prescribed only if there is no damage to the rectum.
- In gynecology, suppositories with indomethacin are prescribed in the rectum.
- The gel and ointment are applied only to mechanically intact areas of the skin. Avoid contact with mucous membranes and eyes..
What helps indomethacin ointment has long been known. It is prescribed in cases of problems with joints, with pain in the spine, as well as with pain in the muscles. The composition of such a drug includes not only the main substance, but also auxiliary (dimexide, trolamine).
Ointment biosynthesis is applied directly to the sore spot. It has not only an analgesic effect, but also relieves inflammation. But it should be understood that its use should be carried out 2-3 times a day, not more. The ointment is absorbed through the pores of the skin, and carries out its action.
The main substance has a quick analgesic effect. But it is worthwhile to understand that there are certain contraindications that should be considered before applying the ointment:
Direct sensitivity to the drug.
It is important to understand that before you start using the ointment, make sure that you are not taking other NSAIDs. The ointment itself should be applied exclusively to the site of damage.
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.
The use of indomethacin ointment is carried out according to a certain scheme: the daily norm of the ointment should not be more than 15 cm squeezed out of the tube. Apply only to diseased areas, with a thin layer, 2-3 times a day.
The instructions for the ointment describe that during the application of such an ointment, side effects can be noticed:
- Inflammation in the area of application of the ointment;
- Dryness and peeling;
Diclofenac (Voltaren) and Indomethacin
diclofenac sodium, voltaren, diclobene, naklofen, ortofen and other drugs
Diclofenac is an effective and popular drug, is available under various names and in various dosage forms (in injections, tablets, suppositories, in the form of ointment, gel, eye drops). http://www.rxlist.com/indocin-drug.htm Approved for use from 6 years. Despite the pronounced therapeutic effect, as well as indomethacin, it causes serious side effects. Therefore, treatment with this drug should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.